NATALIE & MICHAEL
This was one of our favourite installations to date! We love being thrown a challenge and this one was right up our alley. We worked with floral and lighting dream team Elyssium Lighting to create this masterpiece at the Stunning Ancora on the Tweed Coast.
Nat and Michael wanted an installation that would hang above the bridal table acting as a centrepiece for the room and wow their guests. We LOVED collaborating with the Elyssium team to come up with this one-of-a-kind installation. Using a combination of mediums such as varied size latex balloons, greenery, festoon lighting, foil balloons and paper accents we were able to create this unique design for Nat and Mike.
Our biggest challenge with this installation was rigging the structure to the 7m high roof, here you can see some BTS footage.
In addition to their hanging installation, we created a giant confetti balloon for them to POP during their first dance. What a dream! Scroll down to see all the magic captured by Figtree Photography
Thanks to Nat and Mike for trusting us with your vision!
NOTES from the bride:
The proposal: Mike surprised me with a weekend getaway at the all-inclusive, Spicers Peak Ridge in Maryvale QLD. As soon as we arrived, Spicers made up a gorgeous picnic basket with bubbles for us, and we strolled down to the pond to enjoy the breath taking views. It didn’t take long for Mike to propose (which was probably also a good thing for his nerves!) and honestly the perfect start to our weekend away! We then got to experience the amazing retreat facilities, relax, eat the most incredible farm to table produce, drink unlimited wines and spritz and soak up all the engagement feels! He nailed it!
Our style/Inspiration: Modern Hamptons mixed with moments of surprise, fun and romance.
Advice for Future Brides: Here are my top tips
- Create a vision board – whether it be cut-outs from magazines, Pinterest or saving down Instagram photos through researching. You will start to see themes and styles you like. Instagram for me was perfect as you can see real-life wedding examples and supplier portfolios. Suppliers will also ask what your overall style is and vision for design before creating a quote, so be clear on this upfront! If this becomes too overwhelming and not your thing, outsource to a wedding planner/stylist.
- Choose a venue that suits your style- The venue is where everything comes together, so use this as your foundation for styling and experience. We loved Ancora Weddings as the venue naturally reflected our modern Hamptons vibe and we then created the impact of surprise and fun with the gorgeous installation by Bang Bang. The rest all just fell into place or was already supplied by the venue itself!
- Trust and communicate with your Suppliers – the suppliers you have chosen are experts in their field, so trust they will do a good job delivering your vision. They know your wedding will be the best day of your life, so if you are unsure or have questions, don’t hold back as they would rather be informed and it will create less unknown’s and stress for the both of you!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – not everything will go to plan in the lead-up or on the day. In the scheme of things you won’t even care, as what matters is that you get to marry the man of your dreams surrounded by the people that you both love and care about the most. Enjoy those little moments in the lead-up, the research phase and take it all in.
- Organise the next day get together– this is a must for destination weddings. A chance to invite all your guests to a house (BYO) or pub and catch up with everyone you may not have spoken to during the wedding. A perfect way to continue the celebrations, relax and let your hair down!
Tell us about the dress! How did you know it was the one: I absolutely fell in love with my dress from Pronovias as soon as I put it on, as it fitted like a glove, complimented my body shape, suited our overall style and venue and I did not want to take it off!!
Favourite memory from the day: There are really too many favourite memories – it’s a combination of all the special moments coming together. It was the happiest day of our lives! Wedding highs are REAL! I highly recommend getting a videographer if your budget allows for it, as it certainly captures the moments and emotive expression at that next level to just photos. I have watched my video at least 100 times already!!
WEDDING DREAM TEAM
Venue – Ancora
Photographer – Figtree Photography
Videographer – Wilde Visual
Balloons + Paper - Bang Bang Balloons
Confetti Balloon Pop – Bang Bang Balloons
Greenery – DIY (Mike’s Dad – tables and arbour)
Lighting + Greenery on hanging instal – Elyssium Lighting
Florist – Flowers by Ola
Dress – Pronovias
Suits – MJ Bale
BM Dresses – Shona Joy
Celebrant – Clarah Luxford @bestcelebrantever
Music – Nick Trovas Band
On the Day Co-ordination – Ancora
Hair – Joel from Wombahair
Cake – Confetti cake Co
Seating Chart - DIYTransport – 1957 Chevy – Wildfire Tours